Accessible holiday advice for your holiday at Rosehill lodges. Built in 2008, all lodges meet building regulations for accessibility and will serve someone with a measure of disability but are unsuitable for those with greater disability. We have been assessed by VisitBritain and are pleased to advise that we are “Level 1 Mobility” (with some actions to be completed). We are aware that there is much work to be done in order to ensure that we provide better accessibility for everyone. Our future plans are outlined at the end of this statement. Please note, we do not at this stage have a level ‘wheel in’ wet room or shower suitable for wheelchair users. We have however had many guests, with limited mobility and who use wheelchairs, have found our open plan lodges suitable for their needs. We would suggest contacting the office should you have any concerns.
This page aims to help answer any accessibility questions you may have.
We have a limited stock freely available to assist the elderly and less able where needed. Toilet support, toilet seat riser, shower step, seat and grabrail. Call in advance to check availability. We do not supply specialised hoists. These can be hired via the contacts below.
- Customers may contact us by phone, fax and email for information and bookings.
- All of our information is contained on our web site.
- Hopley’s Buses operate from Porthtowan to Truro and provide access for wheelchairs. Bus stop is 100 metres from the entrance to Rosehill.
- Nearest mainline train stations are Truro, 6 miles, and Redruth 4 miles.
- Distance to Porthtowan village and beach from Rosehill is approximately 500 metres. From Rosehill the route gently slopes downwards. There is a pavement for about 50 meters and the rest of the walk would be on roadway can be busy.
- Hire of equipment can be obtained from Tremorvah Industries (0 1 8 7 2 3 2 4 3 4 0) who are located 4 miles from Rosehill on the route into Truro.
- There are several local Taxi firms who provide access and telephone numbers are provided in each lodge.
- This access statement will be published on our web site and will be made available in font size 16 on arrival. In addition a welcome pack in size 16 font is available.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival there is ample car parking adjacent to reception with rear access to your vehicle. If required, assistance can be provided from your car to the reception area.
- Reception parking is on a tarmac surface. (no dropped curbs or speed bumps)
- Car parking at your lodge is within 15 metres of Lodge and is for two cars. These parking areas are on gravel with one lodge having side access to paved pathway. Once parked rear access to your vehicle is on to smooth tarmac level roadway.
- Additional guest/visitor car parking is available in front of reception. However, this area is graveled and we do not consider it suitable for wheelchairs.
- Car park surface to reception entrance is a smooth tarmac surface and is level.
- In order to avoid light pollution external area lighting is adequate but is kept to a minimum.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Reception is clearly signed.
- Access to reception (one entrance) is from parking area in front of reception through double doors (opening outwards) into conservatory area, then through double doors (opening inwards) into reception area. Widths of all doors is 1.2 metres. There are two thresholds where the doors are. The first one is 28 m.m. and the second is 15 m.m.
- All surfaces from your vehicle into reception area are level and firm (tarmac, tiles, carpet). No handrails or grab rails at present, however we are happy to provide assistance.
- Rear and side access to your vehicle is fine at the reception parking area.
- Assistance can be provided, please mention at time of booking.
- A portable loop system is available.
- Music in reception is kept at low volume and can be turned off/down on request.
- A pad and pen is available on arrival
- Vehicle entry to site is through a electrically controlled barrier operated by a touch pad located to either side of the vehicle.
- Lighting in reception is uniform with spotlights. Natural lighting in conservatory section of reception.
- Additional keys are available for access to your lodge.
- Seating is available in reception.
- Escorted familiarization tour is given to all guests.
- Normal reception opening times are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We ask that all new arrivals must be before 8 p.m.
- Reception desk height is 730 m.m., centrally located in reception with direct lighting. There is ample free space in front of the reception desk.
- Floor is level throughout entrance and reception
- Area available in reception and main entrance is 3.9 m by 5.0 m.
- There is reasonable colour contrast between critical surfaces.
- There is a glass covered telecoms cabinet behind the receptionist. However, the receptionist can move to a more agreeable position if required.
- We accept dogs in some lodge. However, service dogs are most welcome in all. Water bowls and bedding can be provided. Please advise at time of booking.
- Lounge, dining and kitchen areas are open plan. All floors are solid bamboo and level. Deep pile carpet in centre of lounge area. All seats on settees are 470 m.m. above the floor. Lighting is recessed ceiling low energy downlighters coupled with three wall lights.
- Log burner is floor mounted and simple to use. A fireguard is provided. Firelighters and kindling are in the external lockable store located on the porch decking and logs are piled up adjacent to the porch door. Porch decking is level with the door access to the lodge.
- Each lodge is protected by a heat detector and a smoke detector. These are linked together and provide an audible warning signal.
- 2 Bedroomed lodge, specific:
- Equipped with two single settees and one double settee, L.C.D.T.V., D.V.D., log burner and coffee table. Solid oak movable dining table with four chairs.
- Size of lounge is 4200 m.m. by 4800 m.m. and size of dining area is 2200 m.m. by 2300 m.m. (L shaped) and free space in lounge area is 2400 m.m. by 3500 m.m.
- Dining table measures 1370 m.m. by 760 m.m. and table top is 770 above the floor. Dining chair seat height is 490 m.m. above the floor.
- 3 bedroomed lodge specific:
- Equipped with 3 seater settee, 2 seater settee, single seater settee, L.C.D.T.V., D.V.D., log burner, coffee table, solid oak movable dining table and six chairs.
- Size of lounge area is 3600 m.m. by 4000 m.m. and dining area size is 2200 m.m. by 2300 m.m. (L shaped) and free space in lounge is 3000 m.m. by 2000 m.m.
- Dining table measures 1370 m.m. by 760 m.m. and table top height is 770 m.m. above the floor. Dining chair seats are 490 m.m.above the floor.
- 3 bedroomed lodge specific:
Equipped with 3 seater settee, 2 seater settee, single seater settee, L.C.D.T.V., D.V.D., log burner, coffee table, solid oak movable dining table and six chairs.
Size of lounge area is 3600 m.m. by 4000 m.m. and dining area size is 2200 m.m. by 2300 m.m. (L shaped) and free space in lounge is 3000 m.m. by 2000 m.m.
Dining table measures 1370 m.m. by 760 m.m. and table top height is 770 m.m. above the floor. Dining chair seats are 490 m.m.above the floor.
St Piran’s Lodge Specific
- Equipped with two seater settee and two single seater settees, L.C.D.T.V., D.V.D., coffee tables, solid oak movable dining table and four chairs. Centrally heated.
- Size of lounge area is 3800 m.m. by 3800 m.m. and size of dining area is 3000 m.m. by 1600 m.m. Free space in lounge area is 3800 m.m. by 2400 m.m.
- Dining table measures 740 m.m. by 760 m.m. and table top is 790 m.m. above floor level. Dining chair seat are 490 m.m. above floor level.
- A vibrating pad and visual warning system is linked to the heat and smoke detectors.
- Each lodge has two decking areas. The main area and the porch area. There is a heated Hot Tub Spa on the main decking area of each lodge.
- Level access from lounge area. Firm wooden decking surface. Decking areas are glass covered.
- Height of Hot Tub above decking is 830 m.m. Access to Jacuzzi is via solid wooden steps
- Temperature and water jets on the Hot Tub are controlled by the user using push buttons.
- Each 2 bed and 3 bed lodge has a external heated drench shower. This shower is easily accessed from a level and firm porch decking area. Height of shower tray is 110 m.m. Shower controls are horizontal bar type. A grab rail in the form of a wooden balustrade is positioned on two sides of this shower.
- General Information
- Access to all bedrooms is on a firm level surface. Floors are solid bamboo with non slip carpets.
- All bedrooms can provide a combination of twin or double beds. Single beds are 3 ft, doubles are 6 m. All bed heights are 600 ft
- Duvets and pillows are non feather and non-allergenic.
- 2 Bed Lodge- specific:
- Lighting is 2 overhead low energy recessed lights with 2 bedside lights. All lights are controlled from switches on the wall by the door. In addition the bedside lights are controlled from switches by the bedside.
- Master bedroom is suitable for wheelchair access.
- Free space in the master bedroom clear of doors is 1400 m.m. by 1600 m.m. and in the second bedroom it is 1000 m.m. by 700 m.m.
- Door widths to: master bedroom is 800 m.m., second bedroom is 720 m.m., master bedroom en-suite is 640 m.m.
- Master bedrooms have a remotely controlled T.V.
- 3 Bed Lodge-specific:
- Lighting is 2 overhead low energy recessed lights and two bedside lights per bedroom. All the lights can be controlled by switches on the wall by the door. In addition the bedside lights can be controlled from the bedside.
- Master bedroom and second bedroom are suitable for wheelchair access.
- Free space in master bedroom clear of doors and furniture is 1400 m.m. by 1600 m.m., second bedroom is 1300 m.m. by 1000 m.m., and third bedroom 500 m.m. by 500 m.m. Access to third bedroom is restricted by the position of the beds.
- Door widths to: master bedroom is 790 m.m., second bedroom 790 m.m., third bedroom 600 m.m., en-suite from master bedroom is 640 m.m.
St Piran’s Lodge Specific
- Has two bedrooms.
- Door widths into Master bedroom and second bedroom are 800 m.m. Door width from master bedroom to en-suite is 660 m.m.
- Free space immediately available on entry to master bedroom is 1000 m.m. by 1000 m.m. Free space in second bedroom is 1800 m.m. by 1200 m.m.
- St Piran’s has velux roof windows fitted throughout. The opening and closing of these windows is electrically controlled from a keypad on the wall. They are fitted with blinds which are opened and closed using a long pole. A member of our staff will be happy to set the blinds to your preference.
- Lighting in bedrooms are two low energy wall lights and two bedside lights per bedroom.
Main Bathroom and En-Suite
- General Information:
- Access to all bathrooms and en-suites is on a firm level solid bamboo floor. All bathrooms have a thermostatically controlled heated towel rail. All taps are lever controlled mixer type. Height of all toilets is 450 m.m.Colour contrasts are good with walls covered with mosaic tiles coloured green, grey, black and white and all sanitary ware coloured white.
- All mirrors are heated and integrally lit controlled by movement sensor switch located to the side of the mirror.
- Height of baths in 2 and 3 bed lodges are 600 m.m. Height of bath in St Piran’s Lodge is 640 m.m. All doors have release mechanisms on outside of locked doors.The inside of all doors have levers attached to the thumb screw to facilitate easy locking operation.
- 2 and 3 bed lodge en-suite to master bedroom, specific:
- En-Suite to master bedroom has a sink, toilet, heated towel rail and shower. Step into shower is 260 m.m. and shower tray is a corner unit measuring 800 m.m. by 800 m.m. Door width for access is to shower is 450 m.m. Water is controlled by thermostatic levers.
- Door access to en suite bathroom is 640 m.m., opening inwards single leaf.
- Size of room is 2200 m.m.by 1600 m.m. and free space measures 1200 by 1000 m.m.
- Space around toilet is 300 m.m. to the left, 200 m.m. to the right and 670 m.m. to the front.
- 2 Bedroomed lodge main bathroom, specific:
- Equipped with toilet, sink, heated towel rail, bath with electric shower
- Door access is 800 m.m.Door opens inwards on a single leaf.
- Size of room is 2170 m.m.by 1770 m.m. Free space is 1000 m.m. by 800 m.m.
- Bath with shower over has a glass shower screen. Electricity supply to shower is controlled by a master switch on the wall outside of the bathroom. Switch is 1160 m.m. above the floor and shower controls over bath are 1800 m.m. above base of bath.
- Space around toilet is 500 m.m. to the left, 400 m.m. to the right and 700 m.m. to the front.
- 3 bedroomed lodge main bathroom, specific:
- Equipped with toilet, two sinks, heated towel rail, bath with electric shower over.
- Door access is 800 m.m.wide. Door opens inwards on a single leaf.
- Size of room is 2100 m.m.by 2500 m.m. and free space is 2100 by 1200 m.m.
- Bath with shower over has a glass screen. Electricity supply to shower is controlled by a master switch on the wall just outside of room and is 1160 m.m. above the floor. Shower controls over bath are 1800 m.m. above base of bath.
- Space around toilet is 500 m.m. to the right, 200 m.m. to the left and 1000 m.m. to the front.
- St Piran’s Lodge. Main bathroom, specific:
- Equipped with large bath, shower, two sinks, heated towel rail, and chair.
- Door access is 800 m.m.with the single leaf door opening outwards.
- Size of room is 3900 m.m.by 1900 m.m. and free space is 2500 m.m. by 550 m.m.
- Shower size is 800 m.m.by 800 m.m. corner unit and step into shower is 260 m.m.Door access to shower is 450 m.m. Water controls on shower are large lever type.
- Bath height is 640 m.m.and water controls are centrally located on bath.
- Space around toilet is 500 m.m. to the right, 180 m.m. to the left and 700 m.m. to the front.
- St. Piran’s Lodge. En-suite to master bedroom, specific:
- Equipped with toilet, sink, shower and heated towel rail.
- Not suitable for wheelchair access.
- Door access is 680 m.m.and free space is 640 m.m. by 900 m.m.
- Shower size is 700 m.m.by 800 m.m., and shower water controls are a thermostatic horizontal bar. Door access to shower is 480 m.m.
- Space around toilet is 320 m.m. to the left, 360 m.m. to the right and 600 m.m. to the front.
- Kitchen is open plan coupled with the dining area and lounge areas.
- Floor is solid bamboo, level and level with dining and lounge areas. There is a non slip carpet in the central position.
- Granite worktop and breakfast bar. Equipment is: Built in oven with hob over and extractor fan. Built in fridge and freezer (located on the right),dishwasher and washing machine/dryer(located to the left). Kettle, toaster, breadbin and microwave are placed on top of the worktop. All equipment is electric.
- Sink is stainless steel with taps lever type mixers.
- Shape of kitchen is U shaped. Height of worktop is 900 m.m. and size of the worktop to the right is 2400 m.m. by 900 m.m. and size to the left is 2900 m.m. by 600 m.m. Size of central area is 1020 m.m. by 1900 m.m.
- Size of area in middle of kitchen is 1020 m.m. by 1900 m.m. In St. Piran’s lodge this area is 1600 m.m. by 1600 m.m.
- Lighting is overhead, recessed, low energy lights with additional under pelmet cupboard lights. There is good colour contrast between the granite worktop and the kitchen units.
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket are located in the cupboard under the sink.
- Cutlery is located to the left in drawers at a height of 800 m.m. above the floor.
- Crockery and some cooking utensils are located in overhead cupboards 1400 m.m. above floor level. Saucepans are located on floor standing shelf unit.
Grounds and Gardens
- 2 and 3 bed lodges.
- Each lodge has a grass area with a picnic table. A wheeled portable barbecue is also supplied.
- St Piran’s lodge. Has a level, paved, private courtyard with a brick barbecue and picnic table.
- All lodges except for Wheal Clarence and Wheal Rock are accessed via level pathways and ramps which are 900 m.m. wide. Steps on Wheal Clarence are 940 m.m. wide and each step is 290 m.m. deep and the height of each step is 130 m.m. with handrails on each side. The ramp to Wheal Rock is a little steeper and wheel chair users may need assistance.
- Address: Rosehill Lodges, Porthtowan, Cornwall ,T R 4 8 A R
- Telephone: 0 1 2 0 9 8 9 1 9 2 0
- Fax: 0 1 2 0 9 8 9 1 9 3 5
- Email: reception (at) rosehilllodges.com
- Website: www.rosehilllodges.com
- Grid reference: 6 9 4 4 7 4
- Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Emergency number: Provided on arrival.
- Local equipment hire companies: Tremorvah Industries, Truro. Telephone: 0 1 8 7 2 3 2 4 3 4 0
- Local public transport numbers: Hopleys Buses Telephone 0 1 8 7 2 5 5 3 7 8 6
- Local accessible taxi numbers: A 2 B Taxi
- For St Pirans Lodge a vibrating/visual warning systems coupled with the heat and smoke detectors is available. Please request at the time of your booking.
- Dining table chair with arms is now available on request. Please request at the time of your booking.