We have been assessed and have met the criteria required for pets by Visit England.
Your holiday would never be complete if your pet is left at kennels wondering where everyone has gone! We are pleased to welcome you and your pet with us here at Rosehill Lodges, for our Dog Friendly Holidays in Cornwall. We also have several lodges which are strictly pet free.
Dogs are welcome at Rosehill Lodges
Rosehill is a quiet area surrounded by woodland. We are away from the traffic and our small site is perfect for you to relax in a secluded spot along with your family’s best friend. With our grassy areas for you to quietly exercise your dog and with close proximity to the open countryside you’ll be assured of a top quality destination.
Are there any dog walking areas nearby?
There are valley walks and clifftop ambles all within easy reach. The South West coast path starts five minutes walk away and the old mineral tramway can get you from one coast to the other if you are up for a long day out. The National Trust and other private gardens may allow pets on leads but always check before you go! Remember to observe the Countryside Code.
Dog Friendly Beaches
There are also many dog friendly beaches around the county and some with seasonal restrictions but there is always somewhere for you and the family pet to enjoy days out in Cornwall.
Dog friendly lodges.
We have six dog friendly lodges (with adapted dog gates on the large deck area).
- Wheal Clarence – Three bedroom lodge.
- Wheal Matilda – Three bedroom lodge.
- Wheal Sparrow – Two bedroom lodge.
- Wheal Towan – Two bedroom lodge.
- Wheal Mary – Two bedroom lodge.
- St Pirans – Two bedroom lodge, also has the added advantage of a small lockable courtyard.
- We have now added Rose Cottage to our list of Dog friendly accommodation.
Dog Free Lodges – Not Permitted
- Wheal Rock – Three bedroom lodge.
- Wheal Sally – Three bedrooms lodge.
- Wheal Fox – Two bedroom Lodge.
- Wheal Lydia – Two bedroom lodge.
Some basic rules for bringing your dog to stay with us.
- Only one dog is permitted per lodge (we may be flexible with smaller breeds-ask our staff first).
- Please keep your dog on a lead at all times within the site (we also have dog free lodges on site as some guests prefer not to bring pets).
- It is not permitted to leave your dog unattended at any time inside and outside of your lodge or in a hot vehicle with the windows closed.
- Pets are not allowed on the beds or furniture.
- If you need to wash your Dog, please do so in the outside shower
- Please bring your own pet bedding/blankets.
- Consider our other guests and be sure to clean up after your pet.
- Your hot tub is checked daily and unrestricted access to the main deck is required by our staff.
- Dogs are NOT permitted in the hot tubs!!
Small extra charges for dogs.
We charge a small fee of £8 per day for your dog and this must be added as an extra when you book.
On your arrival there will be small welcome hamper for your dog that includes:
- Small bowl
- Fleece blanket
- Doggy treats
- Doggy Shampoo Bar by Cornish Whole-istics
- Poo bags
Local Beach Restrictions
There is a Cornwall County seasonal beach dog ban on Porthtowan’s beach. This means the tidal area of the beach, from the sea to the high tide mark(or in line with the signs).
These restrictions will be in place from 15 May to 30 September, four and a half months, and dogs not permitted on the beach between 10am and 6pm.
You are however permitted on the dune area immediately behind the beach and the coastal footpaths and this works well for our guests and their dogs. The Blue Bar, Unicorn and the Beach Cafe welcome dogs on leads and have water bowls outside for your dogs to have a drink.
Action Petz – Day care for your dog
Perhaps you have brought your dog away on holiday and you want to go exploring, have an unexpected excursion or treat booked which unfortunately excludes your pet. You can now get day care locally and within a 5 minute drive. See the link below for more information.
Mention Rosehill when booking with Action Petz for favourable rates.