Similar to all our timber lodges, Wheal Clarence is a delightful grass roofed eco lodge built with love and care by a skilled bunch of cabinet makers here in the village of Porthtowan.
Built with timber sourced from sustainable woodland here in Cornwall, Clarence is a 5 star luxury lodge and has also achieved the Gold Award under VisitEngland’s assessment criteria. It has three bedrooms and comfortably sleeps up to six people.
The beds can be configured to suit your particular requirements. Access to your lodge is via three wide steps to both the main decking area and the porch decking area. All rooms within the lodge are on the level. The lodge benefits with views from the kitchen window down the valley to the hills in the distance.
Fully equipped kitchen has a full size fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer. For those coffee lovers it even has a cafetiere’. The lounge area leads onto the main decking area that also has a full size, four person hot tub. This is all under glass, allowing you to enjoy the tub and dine al-fresco whatever the weather. Also provided is a charcoal BBQ.
The side decking area is also covered in glass and has an external heated drench shower which is ideal for washing the sand and salt off at the end of the day.
Like all our lodges it is only around 5 to 10 minutes walk to the centre of the village and Porthtowan’s Blue Flag beach.
- Full Size 4-person hot tub spa and heated outside drench shower
- Glass covered decked area for alfresco dining
- Cosy and warm with simple electric panel heaters
- Log Burner and free logs
- Fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, washer/dryer, fridge, freezer, hairdryer.
- 40” Panasonic Viera 4K Ultra HD TV
- Netflix, Amazon Prime , Freeview Play and Catch Up TV (subscription required)
- Master bedroom with TV
- En-suite to master bedroom
- The bedrooms may be configured with either a super king size double bed or twin beds.
- Free Wi-Fi. Superfast fibre broadband unlimited.