Where is it?
This year’s Armed Forces Day National Event, is centred in Falmouth, Cornwall and provides the stage for the whole UK therefore showing support for our Armed Forces community.
The town is proudly hosting a packed programme of events and likewise interesting activities.
It is one of the most stirring and evocative programmes of public shows ever staged in Cornwall. Its backdrop the world’s third largest natural harbour and additionally Henry Vlll’s sea fort Pendennis Castle.
Here is more information
The armed forces day event website will be updated specifically to show the full programme as arrangements are confirmed.
• Spectacular Military Village showcasing vehicles, equipment and interactive displays
• Full military parade through the streets of Falmouth involving regular and reserve personnel from all three services, cadets and veterans
• Entertainment, activities and displays throughout the town
• Opportunities to meet with armed forces charities and organisations to find out about their work and the support they can provide
• A chance to see air force, army and naval assets close up
• Air displays over the stunning views of Falmouth Bay
• Proms style music concert at the iconic Pendennis Castle to celebrate and thank our armed forces
• Fireworks over Falmouth Harbour to round off proceedings.
Communities from across Cornwall have shared their excitement and furthermore are involved.
The Armed Forces website provides information to help you plan your stay in Cornwall.
Plan your stay
Rosehill Lodges offers all armed forces and ex armed forces individuals and families a generous discount, resulting in 5% off their booking when they stay with us over the week of the event. Please mention this offer when booking your stay with us at Rosehill Lodges.
Rosehill is a short drive from Falmouth and following your return from Falmouth your hot tub will be awaiting!